Wednesday, December 3, 2008

It's been a while

It's been a while since I've blogged. I have had something to do everyday it seems since Thanksgiving. Speaking of Thanksgiving, we had a wonderful one. We had lunch with Sherry and Roger, and Family at their home. Then we had supper with my Mom and brother Kevin at our home. I have countless things to be thankful for, but I am really blessed to have such a wonderful family. I don't know how many times our family has been their to help us. A few years ago my husband suffered a brain injury, and if it hadn't been for our family, I don't know what we would have done. They not only helped us financially, they also helped Rhianna. They also helped with taking Steven to the doctor, and just checking if I needed any help with him. It was a trying, and stressful time. It was a long recovery.

Also my mother in law had a battle of her on. She was diagnosed with cancer a couple of years ago. I thank the lord that she is now cancer free, and I pray that it stays that way. I know she's fearful every time she goes to the doctor, because she doesn't know what they will say. I don't know how she went through all of her treatments. It took a lot of courage and strength to go through everything she went through, and I look up to her for her courage.


So this year I have a lot to be thankful for. I am thankful we got to spend Thanksgiving together. My Mom had to work Thanksgiving night, but she still cooked. I don't know where my Mom find her energy.
I'm also thankful that Kevin also cooked turkey, or we wouldn't of had any meat to eat with our supper. My turkey didn't get finished until after 10 o'clock. So if it was left up to me, we would of had an vegetarian Thanksgiving.

O.K., I'm finished with Thanksgiving. I just wanted to blog about the things I have to be thankful for.

It won't be long, and it will be Christmas. Rhianna and I have had a tradition that we have done the last couple of years. Each year we make Christmas ornaments. I love making them. We give them as gifts, and also decorate the tree with them. I'm going to post some pictures of Rhianna painting some of them. We used a different recipe this year, they came out to be more of a rubber consistency. The ones we made last year were more porcelain. This was our first batch, we will be making more to make as gifts.

I also had to make a ton of bows for the Christmas tree. We couldn't find all of our ornaments, so this is how we were able to add more to the tree.

So after making all the bows and the ornaments, we need to hold off for a few days before we make anything else. I don't want to loose focus and get too caught up in things. We all have to remember why we celebrate Christmas.

This year is going to be one of the most joyful Christmas' I've had. It's because Rhianna and I were baptised this year! I think this is the most excited I've been about Christmas in a long time. I know it may sound silly, but it's the truth, and I'm going to praise the Lord.

No comments: